Monday, February 22, 2010

Obits


My favorite record of 2009 was probably the debut LP "I Blame You" from Obits. Rick Froberg is the man. Drive Like Jehu was rad, Hot Snakes were amazing, he plays a 60's Harmony Bobkat guitar (I'm a nerd, I know) and he's able to consistently put out great records even without John Reis by his side (I'll have to save The Night Marchers for a different post).

Anyway, I'm glad there are veterans like these guys to keep it real while all the kids continue to invent new ways of ruining music for generations to come. Here is Obits' record store day 7'' from last year which actually contains a couple of their best songs. Get into it.



I Can't Lose


Military Madness




If you like these songs buy "I Blame You" and check them out on VBS's "Practice Space" below. Pretty damn funny too.


Obits - Practice Space

No comments:

Post a Comment